Sunday, March 15, 2009

Packing up!

So it's 2 a.m. before the big trip, and I'm excited/nervous/anxious/packing. Not really packing, just looking at the awesome gadgets I get to use. I went to REI today and bought:
  • the handy superdry towel (or "shamwow" as coined by Cade)
  • a dry bag to keep my laptop
  • ridiculous bug repellent that will save me from malaria
  • an umbrella, because it's supposed to dump buckets
I'm afraid my rolling duffel will dominate everyone's luggage, but I don't mind playing mom to keep everyone's valuables together. I'm also scared it won't roll well in the jungle...

We are all meeting at 9:30 tomorrow morning and roadtripping it to San Antonio, then a quick connection in Houston where we'll pick up Chelsea, and a much longer flight down to Panama. From what I can see on Google Maps and the pictures people have posted, the area we are going to is BEAUTIFUL.

Jungle + beach + small village in Panama + 12 Texas students = set-up for an amazing adventure.

Stay tuned,
Kellye Kuh

No comments:

Post a Comment